| Question / Issue
|How do I import or export a spreadsheet of policies in AgencyBuzz?
| Answer / Solution
- Save your policies in an Excel spreadsheet in .CSV format.
- Login to AgencyBuzz
- Click the Import Export icon in the Tools section of the top navigation bar.
- Select Policies for the type of data to import/export.
- Select the action to perform:
- Import Policies - to add the spreadsheet of policies to your AgencyBuzz account.
- Export Policies - to download a spreadsheet of the policy records currently in your AgencyBuzz account.
- Complete the Import Source & Destination page:
- CSV File to Import - Click the select button to locate the .CSV file of your policies on your computer.
- File Includes Headers - If your spreadsheet includes a top row with column titles, check the box next to File Includes Headers.
- Default Policy Type - Select a policy type to assign to any policies on your spreadsheet that do not have a policy type.
- Default Policy Status - Select a policy status to assign to any policies on your spreadsheet that do not have a policy status.
- Default Policy Carrier - Select a policy carrier to assign to any policies on your spreadsheet that do not have a policy carrier.
- Define Field Mappings
- For each Source Column (the column names from the spreadsheet you are importing) select a Destination Field (a data field in AgencyBuzz) for each item to tell the system where to put the data from your spreadsheet.
- A source column must be mapped to the Named Insured's Email Address field in AgencyBuzz in order to continue with the import process.
- If there is no destination field available for a source column, select ignore column.
- Ignore Business Rules on Import: Check the box next to Ignore Business Rules on Import if you do not want new/updated records from this data import to trigger your activated automated events, such as contact inserted or updated into line of business. Uncheck this box if you want any new/updated data to trigger associated events.
- Click Start Import to add the contacts to your account.
- Keep the import/export wizard open while your policy records are being added or updated. Closing the window before the import is fully processed may result in an incomplete import.
- Import Complete
- You will receive a confirmation message with the number of policy records that have been successfully added/updated in your AgencyBuzz account.
- Import Success Log - Click the download link to view a text file log of all records that were added or updated with the import.
- Import Failure Log - Click the download link to view a text file log of all failures that occurred during the import. Note: If an Import Failure log link does not appear, no failures occurred during this import.